Friday, May 6, 2011

WJZ Baltimore Website Is Run By Morons

The.Worst. News. Website. Ever! I've never been to Baltimore. I never want to go. But in my relentless pursuit of cyberstalking Asians, I found 2 hot ones on the same news program. And one of them is from HI. And will be making an appearance here soon. The problem is that the website is run by a bunch of fucking morons! Here's what you will see on a typical day -


And surprise! surprise! When it does work, the video reloads automatically every five minutes. So once you find a video you want to watch, you have to sit through a 30 second ad. Then, if you pause to get a beverage or rub one out, it will reload itself and you'll have to start all over again! I mean how effing hard can it be to stop the entire site from reloading every five minutes? KHNL figured it out using the exact same software. And Hawaii isn't exactly Silicon Valley if you know what I mean.

Here's another awesome feature on this shitty website. Find a link. Click it. It doesn't exist. Change the date in the URI and wala! it works-

 

I was going to highlight the 08 and the 09 in the link, but I was too lazy. Look at it yourself. I did a search and clicked on the link. It took me to the top page. Then I fixed it myself and it worked. Amazing how that is. I could edit this website for them. But unfortunately, I have slightly more than an elementary school education. (Contrary to that stripper's belief.)
AND, this petri dish of a website uses the incredibly customizable Google custom search. Yet it doesn't work well. And they didn't customize it. You can't even sort by date. Or relevance. Or anything. Sort? What is this sort you talk of? I don't think the internet can do that. Sorting doesn't work with the internet. Just like Linux. It doesn't work with the internet you know. I seriously made a better website 20 years ago. When I took a class in HTML at the YMCA. And got it hosted at CompuServe. I would be embarrassed to manage this website. And the worst thing is companies are actually paying to advertise with this crappy crap crap site. I hope they don't pay much. That kind of poor decision making and paying for such a inferior product makes me want to go shop at the competition. Too bad I have to visit the site daily to get my Asian news reporting fix. And that's why I will never visit Baltimore. Your junk site, and their lack of quality control have lost tourism dollars. Dicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment